Wednesday 3 December 2014

November Favourites





I sat down, as every other month, and began to plan my monthly favourites. I left it till late because I didn't really think that I had any new products that I'd been loving this month and none worth talking about. Ha- I was wrong... all I needed to do was open that drawer on my dresser and products were practically jumping out at me for a place in my much awaited favourites post.


I reviewed this foundation more in depth here but basically this is an all round great full-coverage foundation suitable for combination/oily skin.


Any old-time reader of my blog will remember that a few months back I was obsessed with the cleansing butter from the Body Shop, this is the same kinda drill, just in oil form. I don't really notice the difference other than the fact that the oil is less milky/creamy when water is added. This removes any makeup from your face and is really great at breaking down waterproof mascara or pigment and is great for dry/ sensitive skin.

Maybelline Great Lash Mascara £4.99

Now this, this is one hell of a mascara. It tops the list of my trustee mascaras: builds great volume, adds length, not clump and so waterproof you could literally go swimming in it. (oh yes- I've tried) This kind of reminds me of the Benefit They're Real because they have the same small wand and same fibres in the formula that add volume.

L'Oreal Colour Riche Lipstick in 302 Bois de Rose £8.19

Bois de Rose- Rosewood- in french if my french classes serve me well. Don't quote me on that. I've not tried these colour riche lipsticks but honestly, the formula is great: it's matte but not drying, in fact, surprisingly creamy and smooth. This colour, this colour, it's me in a lipstick. Its so so so gorgeous, a perfect deep nude pink colour, ahhh I could rave and rave. It just makes the lips look so full and perfect, ahhh, if one could marry a lipstick, I'd be mrs Rosewood.

Nuxe RĂªve De Miel £9.50

Shall we try the French again?- I believe it's something like "Dream of Honey"- or not... anywayyyyy, this lip balm is the creme de la creme of lip balms. I've heard of this before, obviously, every beauty blogger and her dog has raved about this but I could just never find it anywhere. But the other day, as I was scouring the shelves of Mark&Spencer when I found this little pot. Just sitting' there, all pretty like and I just pulled it into my basket. This is so moisturing and creamy and I literally put so much on and it still looks good under lipstick.

I'm actually really interested in the Nuxe brand. Any recommendations of products I should try first?

Lots of Love,
sophie
xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment