Wednesday 19 November 2014

Maybelline Mascara: VERY waterproof




Hey everyone,

Starting off with a slightly off topic story: I went to my friends house for the night and left my MaxFactor waterproof mascara there so I didn't have one; the next day, I was in boots when a certain pink bottled mascara caught my eye.

"Great Lash mascara" it said, "Very Black Waterproof" it said.

So I thought, why not? I took it home and tried it on. I felt that it was quite hard to apply, the formula was thick and did not go on smoothly (or maybe I was just being a bit clumsy that day) It kind of reminded me of the Benefit They're real mascara- same small tapered brush (perfect for coating all the lashes); the same thick fibre-y formula (great for building up volume), the only thing being, this is about one quarter of the price.

Anyway, later that day, I went swimming, forgot completely that I was wearing makeup at all. When I came out of the pool, I thought I'd like some beaten up panda, but, lo and behold, I looked fine. Apart from the occasional smudge under the lash line from when I had rubbed my eyes, the mascara hadn't smudged much at all.

After using a few more times, I realised that, when this mascara has dried, it really stays. When removing, you don't need a cotton pad drenched in remover; I just use a regular cleansing balm. It's because: after it's dried, it stays dry, it comes off dry too. When I look in the mirror while cleaning my face, it all comes off and all I get is a little bit of black around my eyelids.

This mascara is AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING. It's just as good as the Benefit one and even though it's waterproof, it's not a hassle to remove.


Lots of Love,
Sophie 
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment