Tuesday 25 November 2014

How to Control Oily Skin: Tip #4


Tip #4: Astringents as deep cleansers as exfoliators

Astringents are really great because the contain strong cleansing ingredients like salicylic acid which will leave your skin super clean. Even on my rather irritable and sensitive skin, I find that I can just about stand this if it's a small amount on a cotton pad. I do,  however, recommend to use this sparingly; on a nightly basis. Cleansing with this in the morning might be a bit harsh and it would be stripping away all the good stuff your skin has worked so hard to rejuvenate over night! 

I know what you're thinking: "astringents as exfoliators?" 
Well, if some of you rather common types had read my last post, it was about exfoliating to unclog pores. That was a great way to prevent blackheads, but if you, like me as well as many others, have allowed your skin to get just a smidge on the bad side of things, then a physical scrub probably isn't in your best interest. Advantages of a liquid form means that it will unclog pores and chemically make new cells come to the surface without irritating spots or spreading bacteria.

I would definitely recommend using this regularly, even if it's just for prevention- don't leave it till it's too late- right? I mean, I've used a whole bottle, as you can see, and I plan to purchase more. It's affordable and easily accessible in Boots.


Lots of Love,
Sophie
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment